This Acceptable Use Policy (the “Agreement”) sets forth the terms and conditions of Your Use of hosting and related services (“Services”). This Agreement governs your use of the Services and is incorporated by reference into NodeSpace’s Terms of Service. Unless otherwise stated, defined terms in this AUP have the meanings provided in the Terms of Service. NodeSpace may modify this AUP at any time without notice.
1. Prohibited Uses
- Not to violate the laws, regulations, ordinances or other such requirements of any applicable Federal, State or local government.
- Not to make any inappropriate communication to any Mailing List, Newsgroup, Chat Facility, or another Internet Forum.
- Not to allow any remote code execution of malicious software through the hosting account provided by NodeSpace.net
- Not to make, attempt or allow any unauthorized access to NodeSpace.net website, servers, your own hosting account or the account of any other customers of NodeSpace.net.
- Not to cause denial of service attacks, port scans or other endangering and invasive procedures against NodeSpace.net servers and facilities or the servers and facilities of other network hosts or Internet users
- Use of the Services to infringe upon another party’s intellectual property rights is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, the unauthorized copying or distribution of movies, music, books, photographs, software/warez, or any other copyrighted work. Selling or offering to sell any counterfeit merchandise will result in the immediate termination of your account. Any account found to be infringing on the intellectual property rights of others will be expeditiously removed or access to the material will be disabled. Any account found to be in repeated violation of this prohibition will be suspended or terminated.
- Not to forge the signature or other identifying mark or code of any other person or engage in any activity to attempt to deceive other persons regarding the true identity of the User.
- You may not use a shared hosting account as a backup/storage device with the exception of one cPanel backup of the same account. Please do not take backups of your backups.
If you believe that your intellectual property rights are being infringed upon, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For copyright infringement claims, NodeSpace follows the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) notice and takedown procedures. A list of the information required to submit a sufficient copyright infringement claim can be found here.
2. Unacceptable Material
Unacceptable material on our servers (including shared, VPS, and dedicated servers)
IRC Scripts/Bots, IRCD (irc servers), Proxy Scripts/Anonymizers, Topsites, Image Hosting Scripts (similar to Tinypic or Photobucket ), AutoSurf/PTC/PTS/PPC sites, IP Scanners, Mail Bombers/Spam Scripts, Bruteforce Programs/Scripts/Applications, Banner-Ad services (commercial banner ad rotation), File Dump/Mirror Scripts (similar to rapidshare), Commercial Audio Streaming (more than one or two streams), Escrow/Bank Debentures, High-Yield Interest Programs (HYIP) or Related Sites, Second Life/Linden Exchange, Ponzi, MLM/Pyramid Scheme, Investment Sites (FOREX, E-Gold Exchange, including cryptocurrency), Sale of any controlled substance without prior proof of appropriate permit(s), Prime Banks Programs, MUDs/RPGs/PBBGs, Hacker focused sites/archives/programs, Lottery/Gambling Sites, Sites promoting illegal activities, Forums and/or websites that distribute or link to warez/pirated/illegal content, Bank Debentures/Bank Debenture Trading Programs, Fraudulent Sites (Including, but not limited to sites listed at aa419.org & escrow-fraud.com), Mailer Pro, Push button mail scripts, Tell A Friend Scripts, Broadcast or Streaming of Live Sporting Events (NBA, UFC, NASCAR, FIFA, NFL, MLB, Cricket, WWE, etc), Anonymous or Bulk SMS, Gateways, Bitcoin Miners, PayDay Loan Sites (including any site related to PayDay loans, PayDay loan affiliate progams, etc)
Any website found to host child pornography or linking to child pornography will be suspended immediately without notice.
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. Any material that, in our judgment, is obscene, threatening, illegal, or violates our Terms of Service or this AUP in any manner may be removed from our servers (or otherwise disabled), with or without notice.
3. IP Address
NodeSpace assigns to You an Internet Protocol (“IP”) address in connection with Your use of the NodeSpace.net services. The right to use that IP address will remain with and belong only to NodeSpace, and You will have no right to use that IP address except as allowed by NodeSpace in its sole and absolute discretion.
4. Secure Shell (“SSH”) Access
To request SSH access to a shared server, You need to contact technical support. Upon completion of said terms You will be granted Jail access to the system on a provisional basis any misuse of the system will result in access being revoked. The use of php or any other means to circumvent this policy will result in immediate account termination. This section does not apply to VPS, Cloud, or dedicated servers.
5. Anti-Spam Policy
Websites advertised via spam may not be hosted on our servers. This provision includes, but is not limited to, spam sent via email, fax, phone, postal mail, instant messaging, or usenet/newsgroups. Any User account which results in our IP space being blacklisted will be immediately suspended and/or terminated.
“Safe lists,” purchased lists, and selling of lists will be treated as spam. We may terminate the account of any User who sends out spam with or without notice.
NodeSpace reserves the right to require changes or disable as necessary, any website, account, database, or other component that does not comply with our policies, or to make any such modifications in an emergency that we deem necessary at our sole discretion.
NodeSpace reserves the right to charge the holder of the account used to send any unsolicited e-mail a cleanup fee or any charges incurred for blacklist removal at our sole discretion.
6. Resource Usage
User may not:
- Use 25% or more of system resources for longer than 90 seconds. Run stand-alone, unattended server-side processes at any point in time on the server. This includes any and all daemons, such as IRCD.
- Run any type of web spider or indexer (including Google Cash / AdSpy) on shared servers.
- Run any software that interfaces with an IRC (Internet Relay Chat) network.
- Run any bit torrent application, tracker, or client. You may link to legal torrents off-site, but may not host or store them on our shared servers.
- Participate in any file-sharing/peer-to-peer activities
- Run any gaming servers such as counter-strike, half-life, battlefield1942, etc
- Run cron entries with intervals of less than 15 minutes.
- Run any MySQL queries longer than 15 seconds. MySQL tables should be indexed appropriately.
- When using PHP include functions for including a local file, include the local file rather than the URL. Instead of include(“http://yourdomain.com/include.php”) use include(“include.php”)
- To help reduce usage, do not force html to handle server-side code (like php and shtml).
7. Defamation Policy
Websites hosted on NodeSpace’s servers in the U.S. are regulated by U.S. law. NodeSpace’s policy is not to remove allegedly defamatory material from websites hosted on our servers unless the material has been found to be defamatory by a court, as evidenced by a court order. As a webhost, NodeSpace’s is not a publisher of User content and we are not in a position to investigate the veracity of individual defamation claims. We rely on the legal system and the courts to determine whether or not material is indeed defamatory. In any case in which a court order indicates that material is defamatory, libelous, or slanderous in nature, we will disable access to the material. Similarly, in any case in which a U.S. court has placed an injunction against specified content or material being made available, we will comply and remove or disable access to the material in question.
8. AUP Violations
Your Services may be terminated with or without notice upon any violation of this AUP. If applicable, violations will be reported to the appropriate law enforcement agency.
A failure to respond to an email from our abuse department within forty-eight (48) hours, or as otherwise specified in the email, may result in the suspension or termination of your Services.
If you feel you have discovered a violation of our AUP please report it to our abuse department